Research Fellow in Climate Change and Food Systems
Area of work:
Climate change, agriculture and food systems
What will you be doing at COP27?
I am organising a panel session in the Food Systems Pavilion. I will also be promoting a new policy brief that outlines how to ensure that commitments under the Paris Agreement can be integrated into the agriculture sector in a way that will promote a just transformation
What are the big issues that COP27 needs to address? What are your hopes for the negotiations?
- Justice and equity in the representation, and distribution in the food system
- Capacity building for women, youth and vulnerable groups in agricultural sector
- Upscale of socio-technological innovations, taking into consideration local knowledge and practices
- Promotion of employment and decent work in agriculture and food systems sector
- Promotion of appropriate finance and sustainable agricultural models
What’s your message for world leaders at COP27?
It is time to implement climate actions enacted at previous COPs; however, we must make sure that people’s access to affordable and nutritious food is not compromised.
Any tips for readers about climate action?
Take a look at our new policy brief on delivering a just transformation through the Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture.