Become a member of the Priestley Centre
The Priestley Centre brings together world-leading researchers at the University of Leeds to work collaboratively in areas related to climate change, its impacts and response strategies. The Priestley Centre will establish the University at the forefront of international interdisciplinary climate change research by leveraging existing expertise, encouraging collaborative work across disciplinary boundaries and showcasing the work carried out by academics across the University.
Priestley Centre Membership is FREE and open to any University of Leeds academic staff or PhD student whose research and interests align with the vision of the Centre.
If you would like to become a member of the Priestley Centre, please complete this form.
Interested in the Priestley Centre but not a current University of Leeds staff or student member? You can sign up to receive our quarterly ebulletin: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details (please include job title, affiliation, research area and any research groups you belong to).
Why become a Priestley Centre member?
The Priestley Centre will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Build your professional profile and be associated with an internationally-renowned climate change research centre;
- Network, collaborate and socialise with climate change researchers from all Faculties involved in the Centre;
- Where resources permit, have access to Priestley Centre dedicated communications support to promote and translate research to fellow academics and stakeholders, including policymakers;
- Access the Priestley Centre’s network spanning business, government and academia;
- Be directly invited to Centre events: meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Receive updates about recent publications, funding and employment opportunities;
- Apply for Priestley funding for interdisciplinary PhDs and other research projects and related activities;
- Receive dedicated support for putting together and submitting research funding proposals;
- Enhance personal development through training, knowledge and skills sharing;
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Priestley Centre for the benefit of its members and to continue to raise public awareness of climate change.
Priestley Centre members should be:
- Conducting excellent research related to climate change and have an ongoing interest in this area of research;
- Interested in working in an interdisciplinary manner, or building on already existing cross-campus collaborations;
- Willing, where appropriate, to promote the Priestley Centre internally and externally;
- Committed to attending Priestley Centre events, including seminars and annual meetings;
- Committed, if required, to contributing material for the Priestley Centre website, annual report and other communications as appropriate.
The Priestley Society, one of the intrinsic parts of the Centre, will play a key role in encouraging cross-departmental collaborations by organising social events, bespoke training courses, seminars and Society meetings for research discussion and support. The Priestley Society will be self-organising and be open to any Priestley Centre member to join.
If you would like to become a member of the Priestley Centre, please read the following documents:
If you would like more information, or are not a University of Leeds member of staff or PhD student and would like to know how you could get involved, please email us: email@example.com