Next submission deadline: 5th January, 16:00
The University has provided the Priestley Centre with funding to support the early stages of research projects and collaboration development for climate related research. Interdisciplinary and international research are at the heart of the Centre’s strategy and these funds will be used to support small proof-of-concept exercises that aim to generate future external grant applications and develop new interdisciplinary or external (particularly international or non-academic) collaborations.
Funding requested must not exceed £2000 and cannot be used to pay for staff costs, overheads, IT or other equipment. The funding must be spent by 31st July 2018.
Applications will be assessed by members of the Priestley Centre Management Committee as part of the bimonthly meetings (November 2017 and January, March, May 2018) based on criteria:
1) Fit to the Priestley Centre’s vision to deliver interdisciplinary research to underpin robust and timely climate solutions;
2) Potential to develop new interdisciplinary and external collaborations;
3) Quality of potential outputs and impacts;
4) Potential for leverage of external funding.
We welcome applications led by University of Leeds academics, research staff (including postdoctoral researchers) and PhD students across all faculties of the university and particularly those that develop new interdisciplinary collaborations (such as environmental humanities and physical sciences, climate sciences and health sciences). Postdocs and PhD researchers must have the permission of their supervisor to make the application and their contract must extend beyond the lifetime of the proposal
If you would like to apply for the funding, please submit an application of no more than two sides of A4 (Arial size 11, 2cm margins) to email@example.com covering:
- University of Leeds project participants (including school, job title and indicating if this is a new collaboration);
- External collaborators / partners needed for the project (indicating if this is a new collaboration);
- Outline of project (including costs and fit to the Priestley Centre vision);
- Anticipated deliverable(s) including timescales;
- Next steps following completion of project;
- Funding received so far and any match funding.
Please direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org