- Date: Tuesday 5 - Thursday 7 September, 2017
- External URL: http://www.icfm7.org.uk/venue/
- Venues: Conference Auditorium, Roger Stevens Building and Exhibition Centre
- Speakers: Experts in the field, including Chris Zevenbergen, Chair of the Flood Resilience Group, UNESCO-I
The University of Leeds and water@leeds are hosting ICFM7. The theme of ICFM7 is ‘Resilience to Climate Change – Anticipating the Unexpected’ and will focus on building resilience into current flood management strategies and approaches.
ICFM7 offers an international platform to discuss a range of flood related issues. It is designed to bring together practitioners and researchers alike, including engineers, planners, natural and social scientists, health specialists, disaster managers, decision makers, and policy makers engaged in various aspects of flood management. It provides a unique opportunity for these various specialists to come together to exchange ideas and experiences.
The conference key note speakers are experts in the field and include Chris Zevenbergen, Chair of the Flood Resilience Group, UNESCO-IHE. This year there will be more than 20 special and parallel sessions. Some of the sessions will address:
- Urban Flood Management and Mitigation
- Extreme weather events impacts and adaptation
- Future challenges in estimation of loss of life and evacuation
- Local scale approaches to community flood resilience
For more information on the programme please visit the website
To attend please register
For more information contact us