The Priestley Centre will promote interdisciplinary research of the highest standard on climate change and its impact on nature and society.
To this end, the Priestley Centre will:
- Provide a research platform that exploits expertise across laboratory measurements, fieldwork, satellite remote sensing, modelling and social science to produce timely solution-driven research outputs and impact.
- Encourage collaborative climate-related research across the physical and social sciences cross-campus and with international colleagues.
- Promote knowledge and training in climate related research.
- Act as an integrator of existing centres and institutes to provide a unique identifier/branding for research on climate change.
- Attract, maintain and mentor the highest calibre staff, and doctoral and post-graduate students.
- Be a recognised international authority of leading policy relevant information on climate change for a broad range of stakeholders including UK Government departments, the United Nations, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, private companies and the global public.